A new After School Hours Grant opportunity from the N.B. Department of Healthy and Inclusive Communities is now available.
This grant program will provide up to $1,000 to support after-school hours initiatives that are held during the school year. This program is intended to support affordable opportunities that are offered to all school aged children to be active, pro-social and engaged in fun activities while building positive relationships that will last a lifetime.
To be considered for funding, programs must demonstrate opportunities for school aged children (5-17 years old) with a minimum of 3 days per week and a minimum of 2 hours per day during the priority time frame of 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- All programs must follow the After School Hours Guidelines
- Programs must clearly identify opportunities in all 4 components as outlined in the After School Hours Guidelines
- Physical Activity
- Healthy Eating
- Community Strengths
- School Work/Homework
- Programs must clearly identify partners and build on community assets
- All applications will be accepted until August 23, 2013
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not received any previous funding for an After School Hours Program
- Any group/organization that receives a grant must submit an evaluation form by April 30, 2014
Please see this link for application and guidelines: After School Hours Application Form
The NB Wellness Strategy is designed to accelerate progress on wellness in New Brunswick (www.gnb.ca/wellness). It supports actions in schools, communities, homes and workplaces. Actions relate to partnerships and collaboration, building capacity for community development, promoting healthy lifestyles, developing and supporting healthy policies, and wellness-related surveillance, evaluation and research.