You’re invited to give feedback on our proposed approach to restrict the marketingFootnote1 of unhealthy food and beverages to children.
We want to reduce how much advertising children see or hear about unhealthy food and beverages. This is a complicated subject so before action can be taken some questions need to be answered, such as what we mean by unhealthy food and what kind of advertising should be allowed.
This paper is the first step to more consultation on the subject.
Your ideas and opinions will help us decide how to go about restricting advertising for unhealthy food and beverages to children.
We’re looking for feedback from all interested Canadians, including any people who:
- are consumers
- work in industry
- work in universities
- work in health organizations
- are interested in healthy eating
- work in any level of government
- work in non-government organizations
We have prepared this consultation document to:
- identify specific issues and options where we need your input
When and where
This consultation document is available online between June 10 and July 25, 2017.
More consultation will take place in 2018.
- Access to Information Act
- Healthy eating strategy publication
- Health Canada’s healthy eating strategy
- Meetings and correspondence on healthy eating
- Transparency of stakeholder communications for healthy eating initiatives
If you need the consultation document in a different format, such as regular print or Braille, contact us at:
Attention: Marketing to Kids Consultation
Health Products and Food Branch
Office of Nutrition Policy and Promotion
100 Eglantine Driveway, Address Locator: 0603C
Ottawa, ON K1A 0K9